My Daughter absolutely Loves Yo Gabba Gabba and she’s at that toddler age where she wants to interact with everything especially magnets. So I was checking out Gabbafriends.com and the Nick Jr. Yo Gabba printables section and I found these really great printables. I thought all together they would make a really fun Yo Gabba Gabba magnet play center for a toddler.
Here’s a supply list of what I used to make the play center with:
- Card Stock or Photo Paper would also work great
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Black Contact Paper
- Wooden Circles a bit thick (so it will be easier for your toddler to grab)
- Sticky Magnets
- I first printed out the backgrounds for each character from the Nick Jr printable page here on card stock paper.
- Then I also printed out the character’s from the eye chart here. I only printed the second page since they were the large character’s I needed to fit the wooden circles.
- After I cut out each background and glued them to the contact paper and left about half and inch of space for the black border and let them dry.
- Next I cut out each character and glued it to the wooden circles. I also put a coat of Mod Podge to the front of the character so they would be sealed to the wood.
- After you let the character’s dry you attach the magnets to the back of the wood and your all done.
My little one absolutely Loved playing with her new magnets and had tons of fun switching around the character’s to their different backgrounds. We also practiced our alphabet with each of the character’s which caught her attention very well. The great thing about glueing the backgrounds to the contact paper is that you can switch the magnet center when ever you want without any hassle.
I hope you and your little one enjoy this fun Yo Gabba Gabba Play center as much as we have. If you have any questions about the process leave a comment below and I’ll respond as quickly as possible. “Now it’s time to get the sillies out !”